Need to know more about WCAR? Check out the frequently asked question section below.
What is the history of the Williamson County Association of Realtors?
WCAR was founded in 1962 and is happy to have recently celebrated 50 years of service to the Williamson County area.
What are the benefits of association membership?
1. YOUR access to resources that build a better knowledge-base for your business.Statistical reports, Research Assistance, Access to leaders in the industry, Discounted & free education.
2. YOUR voice on National Issues. RPAC and Legislative Advocacy efforts allow you to join the largest group in the nation fighting for property rights and the industry.
3. YOUR Network to agents in Williamson County-agents that know the local markets.
4. Member only savings on classes, events and store items.
5. Professional Development to increase YOUR market and industry knowledge. License requirement tracking, Workshops for new agents, Free and discounted training, Panel sessions with industry leaders.
6. New member focused website in 2012-YOU spoke, we listened. Searches for Realtor and Affiliate members, Consumer Information page and more user friendly and mobile access.
7. Building Leadership Skills and Recognition in the Community for YOUR business. Board Service, Committees, Young Professionals, and Community outreach through the Realtor Good Works Foundation.
How do I become a member of a local Realtor® association?
Your first step is submitting a membership application. For additional information, please visit the Membership Services section of our website. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our membership office at 615-771-6845 and we will be glad to help.
What makes WCAR different from other local associations in the area?
WCAR is the place to be if you are listing and selling real estate in Williamson County. We are comprised of over 1,400 local Realtors®, Associate Members and Affiliate members that know the local markets and can help you make connections for your clients and business. We believe that there is a lot said for being involved at the local level and having the expertise that clients want when re-locating to the area. Our state-of-the-art training facilities and friendly staff make WCAR a place where you will feel welcome each time you call or visit. Don’t forget to stop in for a freshly-baked cookie!
What areas of public policy/ government affairs are important to WCAR?
WCAR is constantly tracking legislative activity at the local, state and national levels. Our Government Affairs Director attends meetings, updates members and the media on local activity and acts as the staff liaison to the Government Affairs Committee. WCAR’s main focus is to protect the real estate industry and property owners from potentially harmful legislative activities, while promoting the benefits of homeownership.
How do I register for education classes or events?
All registrations are completed through our website. Please click the “Member Login” button at the top right of the homepage and follow the instructions. If you have difficulties registering, or if you cannot find what you are looking for, feel free to contact the office at 615-771-6845.