Join us on May 9, 2017 at the Factory in Franklin for our Annual WCAR REALTOR Conference and Trade Show. With more than 350 attendees present in 2016, this annual event is an opportunity for REALTORS® from across Middle Tennessee to interact with local vendors and experience relevant and relatable continuing education.
Enjoy an inclusive day featuring a keynote speaker, a vendor fair with 60 exhibitors, lunch, four 1 CE TREC approved classes, door prizes, fun, and networking. Registrations are open now for the event. Registrations through May 1 are $40. All registrations after May 1 will be $50. Non-member rate for the event is also $50. Join us as we Partner in Professionalism.
7:30 am - 8:45 am Registration (Liberty Hall)
9:00 am - 10:00 am Keynote Speaker (Jamison Hall)
10:00 am - 11:00 am REALTOR® Open House Safety (Heritage Room)
11:00 am - 12:00 pm Getting Started with RPR (Heritage Room)
11:00 am - 4:00 pm Exhibit Trade Show Floor Open (Liberty Hall)
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm Lunch (Liberty Hall)
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Selling Across Culture (Heritage Room)
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Mythbusters: 1031 Exchange (Heritage Room)
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Closing Time Happy Hour (Liberty Hall)
Meet our Keynote Speaker, Louis Upkins, Jr.
Louis Upkins, Jr. is a proud husband and father. He resides in Franklin, TN with his wife, Charita; son, Caleb; and daughter, Zoé. He is an entrepreneur having spent most of his career in branding and marketing. Committed to bringing ideas to life, Upkins has worked with some of the largest names in a variety of industries across the board from large sports and entertainment outlets and personalities to Fortune 500 companies and celebrities. Author of “Treat Me Like A Customer”, he has previously worked with Oprah, Starbucks, The Olympic Games, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, BeBe and CeCe Winans, McDonalds,Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital, and many more.
TREC Approved Continuing Education Classes Include:
REALTOR® Open House Safety
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- 1 Hour CE
- Open houses can be a great sales tool- but hosting one also exposes you to numerous unfamiliar people for the first time. This course will help increase your awareness and personal safety by providingpractical tips for self-defense.
- Instructor: Ken Alexandrow
Getting Started With RPR
- 11:00 am-12:00 pm
- 1 Hour CE
- When considering adoption of a new business tool, new and seasoned REALTORS® unanimously want to know “what will it do for me andhow will it help my business?” RPR® (REALTORS® Property Resource)is designed exclusively for that purpose: to help REALTORS® achieve professional success by providing them with an unparalleled platform of dynamic data and persuasive reports that help attract, retain and lead clients to the closing table.
- Instructor: Monica Neubauer
Selling Across Culture: Cultural Considerations and Tips
- 1:00 pm-2:00 pm
- 1 Hour CE
- This course will serve as a basic introduction to the concepts of internationaltransactions, along with giving insight into the way international clients may think and respond, as well as where you can find information to help you from making unintentional mistakes. By understanding differences in the way international buyers of US real estate may approach real estate transactions, both from prior experience and cultural bias, real estate professionals will improve communication with international clients, thus improving client satisfaction and the relationship with other partiesinvolved in the transaction.
- Instructor: Brenda Hines
Mythbusters: § 1031 Exchange
- 2:00 pm-3:00 pm
- 1 Hour CE
- This class will teach the REALTOR® the basic principles of the InternalRevenue Service Code §1031. We will address: A brief history of the law, vocabulary words: like-kind property, relinquished, replacement,basis & boot, the tax benefits to the property owner, the deadlines and mandatory rules: identification and exchange period, 95% Rule, 200% rule, 3 Property Rule, and the role of the Qualified Intermediary.
- Instructor: Laura Perry