The Nitty Gritty of Managing Residential Property 2020
- Tawny King
This course will offer an inside look at what Residential property management is all about. Property management is a specialized sector of Real Estate and requires a unique set of skills. Ultimately the role of a skilled property manager is to maximize the profits of the client, the property owner, amongst caring for the asset, the property, all while providing a high level of service to the customer, the tenant, for retention purposes.
Real world dilemmas and case studies will be shared to help demonstrate the complexities that a property manager can encounter as well as how to handle those situations to the best outcome possible for the owner by using knowledge, skills and risk reduction.
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Learn a general understanding of the Landlord Tenant Act of TN
- Better understand the managerial role in a manager/owner relationship
- Learn how to properly interact with tenants
- Perform duties that a successful property manager must perform
This course covers the following topics
- What is Residential Property Management and the role of the property manager
- The Manager/Owner relationship
- Knowing the Landlord Tenant Act
- Developing a management plan
- Marketing property for lease
- Applications and tenant screening
- Lease agreements
- Security deposits and Rent
- Property maintenance and repairs
- Owner finances and reporting
- Risk management
- Lease breaches and the dreaded eviction
- Fair housing laws for leasing
- Q&A Forum
Please log into the WCAR website to register by clicking here
4 hours TREC CE Credit
January 2020 will usher in WCAR’s move to a paperless education environment. There are two reasons WCAR joins hundreds of other associations in going paperless: It’s budget-friendly and regarding the environment, it’s just the right thing to do.
HOW A PAPERLESS CLASSROOM WORKS: Class handouts and designation manuals will be made available in your Course Reminder email (sent 2-3 days before class) in couple of ways: PDF attachments OR emailed to you as a secure Dropbox link (used for large documents). You are encouraged to bring your device to view the material digitally or feel free to bring a printed copy for yourself.
Celebration of Excellence Involvement Credit = 2 Points